Careers Why Work at FSB?
Why Work at FSB?
Be a part of FSB’s long standing history of being a bank that recognizes the strength of our employees as the force behind our years of success.
Our goal is to not only fulfill our customers’ banking needs, but to also contribute to the communities in which we do business. Our employees give tremendous amounts of time and effort towards supporting community events such as Relay for Life and United Way and also to our schools by participating in “A Banker in Every Classroom”, judging science fairs, assisting with reading programs and just about in any way asked. Once you become an employee of First State Bank, you become a representative of our institution and will be recognized throughout our communities as part of a great organization.
The Possibilities… are endless!
We aim to promote from within whenever possible. We feel that employees are due first consideration for opportunities that could advance their careers whenever we can make this happen.
- Medical Insurance
- First State Bank offers group medical insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Mississippi of which the Bank pays the majority of the premium for employees and nearly half the cost for dependents.
- Life & Long-term Disability Insurance
- We offer bank-paid life insurance plans and options for supplemental life and other voluntary benefits, in addition to bank-paid long-term disability.
- Cafeteria Plan
- A plan which allows the employee to contribute pre-tax dollars to either or both of two spending accounts: (1) certain health-care expenses not reimbursable by the group medical and voluntary dental plans and (2) certain dependent care expenses. This plan also allows certain insurance premiums to be pre-tax as well. This plan is available to all Regular Full-Time employees at no cost.
- 401k Retirement Plan
- We offer 401k to encourage our employees to plan for retirement.
- Wellness Benefits
- The bank promotes the concept of general well-being of employees by paying a portion of the monthly costs for memberships to local wellness centers. To further support our belief in healthy minds and bodies, we reward those who are proactive in maintaining good health by providing bank-paid time off for annual wellness visits and provide on-site flu shots in many areas.