Fraud Center Debit Card Fraud Notifications
Debit Card Fraud Notifications
Protecting your debit card from fraud requires monitoring 24 hours a day, seven days a week and 365 days a year. First State Bank now provides automated fraud detection and alerts for your debit card. If potentially fraudulent transactions are taking place, we will contact you immediately so that future fraudulent transactions can be avoided.
What We Monitor
Your card transactions are monitored for purchases outside your normal purchasing patterns, unusual timeframes and geographical locations, or purchase patterns that are consistent with previously identified fraud trends.
How We Contact You
How we contact you will depend on whether the phone numbers we have on file are landlines or mobile devices. If a mobile phone number exists, you will receive a SMS/text message. Otherwise, a voice message is sent.
The valid numbers that will appear on your caller ID:
- Telephone Call: 877-230-3179
- Text Message: 33748
You may want to add these numbers to your contacts to ensure any message you receive is from the First State Bank Fraud Department.
Receiving a Text Message
- The text message will arrive with a 5 digit code (33748) and contain our financial institution name, dollar amount of the transaction and merchant name.
- You will be asked to reply with “Yes” if you authorized the transaction. You will receive a confirming text message and can continue to use your card with confidence.
- A “No” reply means you have not authorized the transaction. You will receive a confirming text message and you will be contacted immediately by a fraud specialist to protect your account. Please answer this important call.
- Do not reply to the text message with any personal or confidential card information.
- To opt-out of First State Bank Text Fraud Alerts, reply STOP to the message. An unsubscribe message will not be sent confirming the cancellation, and no more fraud alert text messages will be sent.
While this service is free, normal message and data rates may apply.
- Text from First State Bank – 33748:
- Free Msg: First State Bank Fraud Dept: Did you make a charge of $54.45 at Grocery Store #12 with acct ending in 1234? Yes, reply yes. No, reply No. To Opt out reply STOP.
- If YES reply received:
- Free Msg: First State Bank Fraud Dept: You have confirmed a purchase of $22.22 at Grocery Store #12. We apologize for any inconvenience. Your acct can now be used without concern.
- If NO reply received:
- Free Msg: First State Bank Fraud Dept: Thank you for your reply. A fraud specialist will call you immediately to protect your account. Please answer this important call.
Remember: First State Bank will never call, text or email you requesting your personal information, including card numbers, passwords or PIN. If you receive a suspicious phone call or email asking for your personal or confidential information – do not respond. Immediately contact First State Bank at 601-671-2095 or toll free at 1-866-408-3582.